Insulation is one of the most critical features of an energy efficient building. If a building has inadequate insulation, it will be liable to damage from climatic conditions such as strong winds, wind-driven rain, and extremes of temperature.
The consequences of poor sealing are the ingress of air, susceptibility to damage from extreme weather (wind, extreme temperature) and compromised ventilation.
A poorly sealed building has many disadvantages:
- excessive energy consumption in cold weather,
- deterioration in air quality,
- noise pollution (external sources),
- damage due to condensation.
Tramico is a market leader in this sector, its range of flexible foams delivering the many benefits that result from perfectly sealed joints:
- flexibility - foam accommodates movement caused by changing weather conditions,
- compliance – compliant materials are easier to install,
- resistance - Sealants based on synthetic polymers are resistant to harsh weather and UV.
The impregnated foams, Vitaseal ® and Acrylband ®, solve many problems since they are compatible with materials commonly used in building construction.
Vitaseal and Acrylband ® conform to:
- French norm P 85-570 "Jointing Products – impregnated foams - definitions, specifications”,
- French norm P 85-571 "Jointing Products - impregnated foams - Testing”.
Tramico sealants, Tramicord, Adhecell, Adheco and Peveco meet regulatory requirements relating to plastic sealants and elastomers.
Tramico sealants ; a pledge of optimum energy performance.